Re: Heavy postgres process

From: Suresh Borse <s(dot)borse(at)direction(dot)biz>
To: Vivek_Sharan <Vivek_Sharan(at)infosys(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Heavy postgres process
Date: 2008-12-10 10:40:11
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

Try to monitor the o/p of following command.

psql > select * from pg_Stat_activity;

It gives all the connection detail.

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 18:12 +1000, Vivek_Sharan wrote:
> Hi Admin,
>

> I’m new to this I have few queries as listed below
>

> 1)     Number of connections made with a particular database.
>
> 2)     And how can I check which process (PID) is responsible for the
> connection and
>
> 3)     what all can make a postgres process as heavy as 70-80 MB in
> size
>

> Need to know these answers ASAP so I would highly appreciate if you
> can find time to answer my questions.
>

> Regards,
>
> ~Vivek

> Infosys e-mail system.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Borse
(DBA)
DIRECTION SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
5, Brady Gladys Plaza, 1/447, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel, Mumbai -
400 013
Tel.   : 91 22 66615000     (Ext: 350)             Fax    : 91 22
24911046
Cell   : 91 9422 239338                               Site    :
www.direction.biz