store pdf files

From: ivan marchesini <marchesini(at)unipg(dot)it>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: store pdf files
Date: 2008-12-09 10:11:21
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hi to all...
I need to create a db that contain link to some pdf files..
At the moment these are simple links (to the files that are stored into
the file system) storing paths into a column of a dbf table...

I need to manage this data considering that the db I'm going to create
will be moved in some months to another server...
so I think that the link to the files positions into the file system
isn't a valid solution...

can you suggest me a better way to manage this pdf data??
Each pdf is quite small (<100k)

should I use BLOB?

many thanks

Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt.
Preferisco formati liberi.
Please try to avoid to send me .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt files.
I prefer free formats.

Ivan Marchesini
University of Perugia
Via G. Duranti 93/a
Perugia (Italy)
Socio fondatore GFOSS "Geospatial Free and Open Source Software"
e-mail: marchesini(at)unipg(dot)it
tel: +39(0)755853760
fax (university): +39(0)755853756
fax (home): +39(0)5782830887