Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted!

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Julius Stroffek <Julius(dot)Stroffek(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dano Vojtek <danielkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted!
Date: 2008-10-22 07:58:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 21:05 +0200, Julius Stroffek wrote:

> He is going to do some investigation in the methods and
> write down the possibilities and then he is going to implement
> something from that for PostgreSQL.

When will this work be complete? We are days away from completing main
work on 8.4, so you won't get much discussion on this for a few months
yet. Will it be complete in time for 8.5? Or much earlier even?

Julius, you don't mention what your role is in this. In what sense is
Dano's master's thesis a "we" thing?

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com