Re: Withdraw PL/Proxy from commitfest

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Withdraw PL/Proxy from commitfest
Date: 2008-10-21 15:18:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 15:39 +0300, Marko Kreen wrote:
> In the previous discussion there was mentioned that Postgres should
> move to the SQL-MED direction in remote connection handling.
>
> SQL-MED specifies that connections should have names and referenced
> everywhere using names.

Where did you find that in SQL-MED

In my brief reading of SQL-MED spec I could only find info on defining
FOREIGN SERVER and FOREIGN-DATA WRAPPER and nowhere in these could one
define connection parameters like username and password.

FSConnection handle uses these two, but again, I saw no place to put
credentials for making the connection in;

Hannu