WIP Join Removal

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: List pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WIP Join Removal
Date: 2008-08-31 09:52:52
Lists: pgsql-patches
As discussed on 26 June, "Join Removal/Vertical Partitioning", here's a
patch to remove joins in certain circumstances.

Tested and blind reviewed, but this is complex and subtle enough I
welcome and expect your comments on corner cases and missed
complications. (Lord knows, I've been down a few blind alleys writing it
to date...)

Patch works, but there's a bit I haven't finished yet - checking unique
indexes. So patch is marked WIP for now. Depending upon how long
commitfest lasts I may have a fully working version. (Yes, I know its
only 1 hours work, but haven't worked out how yet...)

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Simon RiggsDate: 2008-08-31 20:04:34