Re: Warning is adjusted of pgbench.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Warning is adjusted of pgbench.
Date: 2007-09-26 03:05:55
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp> writes:
> From: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
>> Perhaps instead postgres_fe.h should #define FRONTEND?

> Yes, I feared that the physique of a main part broke. Then, Magnus said the
> same suggestion as you. It seems that it needs to be brushup.
> I am going to improve by the reason referred to as that FRONTEND influences
> nmake (libpq) again. Probably, Mugnus is operating main part.?

To be clear: my thought is to put "#define FRONTEND 1" into
postgres_fe.h and then eliminate ad-hoc definitions of it from a
boatload of Makefiles. A quick grep suggests that the only place this
wouldn't work too well is src/port/, but that could keep on doing what
it's doing.

I'm not in a good position to test this, because it will mainly matter
on Windows which I don't do. Anyone else have a chance to try it?