Re: time with time zone sql type?

From: "Joost Kraaijeveld" <J(dot)Kraaijeveld(at)Askesis(dot)nl>
To: "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: time with time zone sql type?
Date: 2008-08-13 18:04:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 15:54 +0900, Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a reason why the sql type of a column with "time with time
> > zone" as returned by SQLColumns is SQL_VARCHAR and not SQL_TYPE_TIME?
>
> One reason is that I don't understand the type well.
Mmmm. What is that should be understood? Maybe I can help?

What happens if you just return the true value (SQL_TYPE_TIME) ?

BTW: I can compile and install the Debian version of the driver on my
system but I have no clue what so ever about underlying pq library. I am
willing to look into it an help where ever I can , but in that case i
hope that you are prepared to answer my questions about it ;-)

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.