Problems with trigger and function.

From: "Ville Leinonen" <ville(dot)leinonen(at)megata(dot)vu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with trigger and function.
Date: 2005-06-13 11:15:17
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all,

Id like to to function with plperlu which write's db-events to log-file.
My trigger looks like this:

CREATE TRIGGER trapd
     BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON events FOR EACH ROW
     EXECUTE PROCEDURE write_trapd();

But now i have a problem how to write that event information for specific
file. I dont want to write whole event, only part offit.

Does anyone have suggestion how to do this?

My goal is to read that log file (eg. tail) and when there comes new event
some other programs executes some other programs.

Best regards,

Name: Ville Leinonen
E-mail: ville(dot)leinonen(at)megata(dot)vu

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: JánosDate: 2005-06-13 13:25:30