Re: duration logging setting in 7.4

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ryszard Lach <ryszard(at)lach(dot)name>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: duration logging setting in 7.4
Date: 2003-11-21 14:54:32
Lists: pgsql-performance

Ryszard Lach <ryszard(at)lach(dot)name> writes:
> It seems, that empty statements are generated during opening of
> connection.

Hmm. Try asking about that on the pgsql-jdbc list. I think the JDBC
driver must actually be sending empty commands.

Looking at the backend code, I realize that 7.4 will emit LOG: entries
for empty query strings, whereas prior releases would not. This isn't
a bug IMHO, but it does explain why you are noticing output that wasn't
there before you updated to 7.4.