Re: scripts for the tutorial

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: scripts for the tutorial
Date: 2009-04-08 15:36:48
Lists: pgsql-novice
Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net> writes:
> Max <emmix79(at)googlemail(dot)com> wrote:
>> i am searching for the scripts mentionend at one of the first chapters of the
>> SQL-tutorial (Part II of the manuals)

> Install postgresql-server-dev-8.3 and postgresql-doc-8.3.

In the RPM distributions, the docs subpackage installs those files
under /usr/lib/pgsql/tutorial or /usr/lib64/pgsql/tutorial, depending
on the platform word size.  (IIRC they were once installed under
/usr/share/pgsql/tutorial, until somebody noticed that some of the
files are .so's which are platform-specific.)  I'm not sure if the
Debian packaging does it the same or not.