Re: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql/src/backend/access/nbtree nbtutils.c
Date: 2001-05-17 17:53:38
Lists: pgsql-committers
> I guess I added =bbb that so a normal comment block had a blank line
> before it.  Do you normally like a blank line before comment blocks when
> there is no brace on the line above?

My feeling is that when I want a blank line between segments of code,
I put one there myself.  I don't like pgindent second-guessing human
intentions.  Its current behavior destroys the visual value of blank
lines as code segment separators, because it will arbitrarily add and
remove 'em without regard to authorial intent.