Re: Draft bylaws are now available

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Draft bylaws are now available
Date: 2008-06-10 18:08:20
Lists: pgus-general

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 10:58 -0700, Richard Broersma wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 9:39 AM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> > Josh,

> There are also some points that I would like to discuss changing.
> Under Article I section 4 Annual meeting. The first sentence, "Annual
> Meetings." is a redundant and is a sentence fragment. :)
>
> Under Article IV Section 1
> Since the corporation will be handling money via the treasurer, I
> think verbiage should be added required a trimester/quarterly audit by
> someone other than the treasurer to ensure that accounts balance.

We could make that a resolution without having to put it in the bylaws.

> Under Article V Right of Participation:
> I have a question. Will participation be limited to US residents,
> North American residents, or to anyone anywhere? :o)

Well there is no resolution that states that you have to be a US Citizen
or anything like that. I don't know that I would want one either. For
example, I plan on joining PG.IT and PG.FR.

It is the bylaws, resolutions and agreed upon mission that make up what
the corporation is doing, so if we get 50 Europeans that want to help us
work on PostgreSQL in the US , I think that is great.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake