Re: Draft bylaws are now available

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Draft bylaws are now available
Date: 2008-06-10 17:55:15
Lists: pgus-general

> Josh,

> Hmmm.  Sounds like the ideal, then, would be to go out of the gate with some
> term (2 years) with some *easy* way to change the terms later.  Note that
> "2/3 of the voting membership" isn't easy.  Ideas on how we could build this
> in?

It certainly would be difficult to get "2/3" of the voting membership to
agree on anything. That is why it only takes "51%" of the board to do

These Bylaws may be amended by a majority vote of the Board then in
office at any regular or special meeting of the Board provided the
notice given for such meeting indicates that such amendments will be

Because of this, I don't actually see an issue. Should the issue become
a problem instead of an opportunity I would like to think that the
sitting board would be observant enough to see that, and make the change
as appropriate.

Joshua D. Drake