Re: Is starting PGUS realistic?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is starting PGUS realistic?
Date: 2008-06-10 01:19:04
Lists: pgus-general

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 18:02 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Josh, Michael, Selena,
>
> Most of us know from SPI and previous attempts at PostgreSQL incorporation
> that running an NPO requires a pretty significant time commitment. Yet,
> the bylaws thread and the pgus web site have languished without any
> regular attention from the three of you because you're busy with your
> jobs.

JoshB,

Selena, Michael and I are currently discussing all components of the
comments we receive. We stopped on Friday and are set to take it up
again this week.

> I'm wondering if it's actually realistic to launch PGUS if we can't even
> get it together to get the bylaws finalized. Starting another PostgreSQL
> NPO which will be inactive due to lack of volunteer time is not a good way
> for any of us to contribute.

That is certainly a valid concern but I don't think it applies here as
everyone is working very hard. It would be helpful to everyone involved
if you would stop making assumptions about a situation.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake