Re: PgUS bylaws

From: Reece Hart <reece(at)harts(dot)net>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgUS bylaws
Date: 2008-06-06 18:10:37
Lists: pgus-general

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 08:50 -0700, Selena Deckelmann wrote:

> We're closing the comment window in about 1 week so that we can submit
> these to the IRS and get our 501(c)3 before October.

Selena-

I hope I didn't miss the deadline. I've taken a stab at streamlining the
purposes of the corporation:

(a) Support the continued development of PostgreSQL, an Open
Source database system, and related projects through community
representation, project sponsorship, and other means;

(b) Encourage the adoption of PostgreSQL by developing and
distributing information and educational materials;

(c) Organize and sponsor meetings and discussion forums
regarding to the development or adoption of PostgreSQL and
related projects.

I had two goals: 1) to broaden the scope to include "related projects"
since that's an important part of the ecosystem (e.g., PostGIS); 2) to
address some slightly awkward wording (e.g., one can't "educate the
creation, development, or use" of PostgreSQL).

Thanks,
Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://harts.net/reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0