Unable to recover tables

From: "G(dot) J(dot) Walsh" <gjwalsh(at)dscdirectionalservices(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unable to recover tables
Date: 2008-05-22 20:54:54
Lists: pgsql-novice
Thanks for your earlier reply, Tom.

What I did was:
Stop the server: service postgresql stop
Remove the directory tree completely: rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql
Restore the full tree:
/bin/cp -r /bup/previous/var/lib/pgsql /var/lib/pgsql
Ensure postgres owns all:
chown postgres:postgres -R /var/lib/pgsql
Restart the server: service postgresql restart

At this point I can once again access the original data base
and \l shows it correctly, but \d shows no relations.

I can create a new table, but I am not at all confident that I can have
it present in the routine directory/file backups.

Don't understand why that is, nor where to focus my search to find the
problem.

George

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Mag GamDate: 2008-05-25 19:03:20