Re: BUG #4115: PostgreSQL ISO format is not really ISO

From: Daniel Ruoso <daniel(at)ruoso(dot)com>
To: Jaime Casanova <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4115: PostgreSQL ISO format is not really ISO
Date: 2008-04-19 21:52:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Sáb, 2008-04-19 às 12:10 -0500, Jaime Casanova escreveu:
> """
> Unlike the previous examples, "2007-04-05 14:30" is considered two
> separate, but acceptable, representations—one for date and the other
> for time. It is then left to the reader to interpret the two separate
> representations as meaning a single time point based on the context.
> """

On the other hand, some important ISO8601-based specifications only
accept the dateTtime notation, for instance XML Schema.

As I was talking on #postgresql, I think it would be nice to have that
output option as one of the date/time output styles (name it ISO8601 or
ISO-strict), and it really doesn't need to be the default (the way pg
uses it now is nice for the human reader).

daniel