Re: Upgrade to 9 questions

From: Daniel Dekany <ddekany(at)freemail(dot)hu>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Upgrade to 9 questions
Date: 2010-10-02 08:30:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Saturday, October 2, 2010, 9:24:42 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:

> On 2/10/2010 2:40 PM, Daniel Dekany wrote:
>> Friday, October 1, 2010, 7:39:31 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>>
>>> "Bremer, Gerd"<gerd(dot)bremer(at)coremedia(dot)com>  wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> I suspect that if you pull official jars from the JDBC download
>>> page, nobody will find anything amiss if you keep Maven central
>>> current.
>>
>> Although if someone wants to contribute for this purpose, it makes
>> much more sense to add Maven deployment to the Ant(?) script that is
>> used for making the releases. Then whoever does the release does the
>> release on Maven as well. It's safer and causes less delay.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks/index.html

Or, a more relevant page:
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide

(AFAIR nowadays you will need a middleman, like sonatype.org for
example. The old way of doing this, which was that the Maven central
repo periodically rsync-ed itself with the public repo on your Web
server is now deprecated.)

--
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany