Re: Database Classes and prepared statements

From: "G(dot) J(dot) Walsh" <gjwalsh(at)dscdirectionalservices(dot)com>
To: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Classes and prepared statements
Date: 2008-03-19 19:25:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

My thanks for the reference, John.

Given the fact that there will be no direct access to our databases, I
have decided it would be more practical to complete the full beta
testing of the site first, and then introduce either pgsql classes or
PDO later if that need is indicated. Until norm gathering has been
completed, I won't have sufficient data available to properly consider
efficiency and maintenance factors anyway. None of us has extensive
experience with object coding and that is probably still another
'abstraction' layer we don't need to introduce at the moment. It has
been challenging enough converting everything from 'C' code and c-isam
to PHP and PostgreSQL while designing the site itself. Maybe we are
better off continuing on our present path. It may not be super
sophisticated, but it works. In these days of constant change, that
counts for something.

Thanks again for your referral.

George