Re: User Wiki

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, PostgreSQL - WWW ML <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: User Wiki
Date: 2008-02-24 16:18:28
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 08:04 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:

> >> I guess I'll have to concede. It's quite clear that the techdocs we have
> >> now doesn't work the way we intended. I'm not entirely convinced that a
> >> wiki will work much better, but since others are, let's give it a shot.
> >
> > Hey, that was easier than I expected.
>
> You know, a group of people gave up on -www ever conceding this and
> created its own wiki? We were keeping it quiet because we didn't have
> all the template work etc.. done. It is over at www.postgresqldocs.org.
>
> And before people point at me... It was Greg Smith's idea. I just helped
> so shoot him first, it gives me 3 steps to get away.

I'll just not shoot anybody, but refer back to most of the arguments
about domains, and user account, and management, that has been made
about a billion times previously. I have nothing new to add above that
(apart from what I already added, which is that techdocs doesn't work as
well as we (or at least I) thought, and therefor making another approach
would be a good idea. It just comes naturally that doing said approach
along established policies is something I would advocate, but that's
just me)

//Magnus

//Magnus