PostgreSQL 8.3.0 RPMs are available for download

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.3.0 RPMs are available for download
Date: 2008-02-05 01:30:48
Lists: pgsql-announce
PostgreSQL New RPM Sets

Versions: 8.3.0

Set labels: 8.3.0-1PGDG

Release Info:

The PostgreSQL RPM Building Project has released RPMs for 8.3.0 and they
are available in main FTP site and its mirrors.

We currently have RPMs for:

- Fedora 7 - x86
- Fedora 7 - x86_64
- Fedora 8 - x86
- Fedora 8 - x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 - x86
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 - x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - x86
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - x86_64

More may (will) come later.

You can use our yum repository for installing PostgreSQL and more than
20 PostgreSQL related software:

For complete list of changes in RPM sets, please refer to the changelogs
in the RPMs. Use
         rpm -q -changelog package_name
for querying the changelog.

This is a major release, and it requires a dump/reload from the previous
major versions. Please see Release Notes to confirm procedures for

The SRPMs are also provided. Please note that we have one SRPM for all

We also have a howto document about RPM installation of PostgreSQL, if
you want to install them manually:

Please follow the instructions before installing/upgrading.

Most of the RPMs have been signed with a single signature, and each
directory contains CURRENT_MAINTAINER file which includes the name/email
of the package builder and link to the PGP key.

If you experience problems with the RPMs or if you have feature
requests, please join

        pgsqlrpms-general ( at ) pgfoundry ( dot ) org

More info about the list is found at:

The project page is:

Please do not use these resources for issues running or using PostgreSQL
once it is installed.
Please download these files from:

Co-Authors: plPHP, ODBCng -

pgsql-announce by date