Re: Solaris SPARC - Sun compiler 5.5 - 64 bit

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Clark, Andrew" <Andrew(dot)Clark(at)fnf(dot)com>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Solaris SPARC - Sun compiler 5.5 - 64 bit
Date: 2005-07-29 16:17:45
Lists: pgsql-ports

I wrote:
> "Clark, Andrew" <Andrew(dot)Clark(at)fnf(dot)com> writes:
>> Well that definitely did something, but now I get a different error:

> OK, thanks for the confirmation. There was some discussion recently
> of whether we shouldn't add -DSUNOS4_CC to the solaris template,
> but we didn't have proof.

Actually, this doesn't prove anything one way or the other. Because you
were manually specifying CFLAGS, and thereby overriding the template,
the lack of -DSUNOS4_CC in the manual CFLAGS caused the s_lock.c
failure.

So: which template did configure pick on your machine, anyway?
(This is reported in the first few lines of configure output)