[OT] Slony + Alter table using pgadmin

From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow(dot)Mun(dot)Heng(at)wdc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [OT] Slony + Alter table using pgadmin
Date: 2008-01-30 04:42:40
Lists: pgsql-general
This is OT for this list and I don't have access to I-net (only email)
and I'm not subscribed to the Slony list.

I need to add a few additional columns to an existing replicated
set/table. I know that I can't just add the columns normally but have to
go through slonik's EXECUTE SCRIPT (/usr/bin/slonik_execute_script), but
I've never done this before.

Additionally, there's an option in Pgadmin, which I _think_ also does
this automatically using built-in slonik_execute-script equivalent.

Has anyone done this before? (it outputs this in the SQL. Can I add more
than 1 column per instance?)

-- Execute replicated using cluster "_my_cluster", set 4
ALTER TABLE xmms.d_product_e
   ADD COLUMN aaaa integer;

PS : I can't test this out since my test_db virtual machine is at home.

many thanks..

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: David OwenDate: 2008-01-30 05:18:16