Re: Slow set-returning functions

From: Marcin Stępnicki <mstepnicki(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dean Rasheed <dean_rasheed(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow set-returning functions
Date: 2008-01-27 19:16:20
Lists: pgsql-performance

Dnia 27-01-2008, N o godzinie 17:29 +0000, Dean Rasheed pisze:
> The CONTEXT is very useful, particularly when functions call other
> functions, since it gives the call stack (presumably only for SQL and
> PL/pgSQL functions). For top-level queries I would ideally like the
> CONTEXT to log the SQL being executed, but I couldn't figure out how
> to access that information.
>
> Anyway, I'd be interested to know if anyone has thought about doing
> anything like this before and if anyone else might find this useful.
>
> Dean

I'd love to see that. The mentioned PREPARE workaround doesn't seem to
work when executed function calls for example three another (or I don't
know how to use it in such situation) - and is generally painful to
use.

I'm afraid I can't help you much (besides testing) but I'd be more than
interested in such improvement.

Regards,
Marcin