Re: Flyer nr. 1

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Flyer nr. 1
Date: 2008-01-20 13:29:07
Lists: pgeu-general
On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 03:30 +0100, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 06:14:00PM +0100, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> >
> > I started creating new flyers, first in english:
> >
> > http://andreas.scherbaum.la/writings/pgug/en/
>
> ok, the flyer is now almost ready. Some proof-reading would be fine and
> if someone has additional comments: just shout ;-)

Very good work. We always need something to give out at trade shows.

Few random ones:

There is only one SQL Standard and it is called SQL:2003. It supercedes
all previous versions, so quoting compliance with multiple versions has
no meaning. (If you are compliant with SQL-92 but not SQL:2003 then you
are no longer compliant with the SQL Standard). There are no RDBMS yet
fully compliant with SQL:2003.

PHP & PostgreSQL was co-authored by Robert Treat.

Front page could probably just say a few quick bullets to catch the eye
- Very scalable and highly concurrent database access
- SQL:2003 compliant in all major aspects
- Variety of replication solutions exist
- Advanced SQL optimizer
Those are the ones that most people throw at us.

Any chance we could pick a different font? Not sure which one...

--
  Simon Riggs
  2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com