AW: beta testing version

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'The Hermit Hacker'" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: AW: beta testing version
Date: 2000-12-01 09:01:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > > No, WAL does help, cause you can then pull in your last dump and recover
> > > up to the moment that power cable was pulled out of the wall ...
> >
> > False, on so many counts I can't list them all.
>
> would love to hear them ... I'm always opening to having my
> misunderstandings corrected ...

Only what has been transferred off site can be considered safe.
But: all the WAL improvements serve to reduce the probability that
you 1. need to restore and 2. need to restore from offsite backups.

If you need to restore from offsite backup you loose transactions
unless you transfer the WAL synchronously with every commit.

Andreas

Next:From: Zeugswetter Andreas SBDate: 2000-12-01 09:13:40