AW: Backend-internal SPI operations

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'Jan Wieck'" <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Mark Hollomon <mhh(at)nortelnetworks(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: AW: Backend-internal SPI operations
Date: 2000-08-31 14:07:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>     The problem here is, that the relkind  must  change  at  rule
>     creation/drop  time.  Fortunately rules on SELECT are totally
>     restricted to VIEW's since 6.4, and I don't see any reason to
>     change this.

I don't see why a real view should still be createable by the old
create table then create rule way. Then the relkind would never
need to change. The only place that would need correction is
pg_dump to dump create view statements.

Imho we should not limit select rules to views by design.
With a different relkind for views this is not necessary anyway.

Andreas