AW: libpgtcl on aix

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'Tim Dunnington'" <timbert(at)timshouse(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: libpgtcl on aix
Date: 2000-07-24 14:22:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Looks like your postgres binary is not the correct one.
That is: the make step for the target postgres.imp failed or went into the
wrong directory, and you thus have a postgres binary that is not converted
to export all symbols.

This is one point that bugs me in the aix port. Maybe we should do it
like other ports do it, first create a postgres.a then postgres.imp
and finally postgres from postgres.a and postgres.imp.

Comments ?
Andreas

PS: I do not think that you can successfully run all regression tests
with your current installation. Can you confirm ?

So when I try "load libpgtcl.so", I get the following error:

Error: couldn't load file "./libpgtcl.so":      0509-130 Symbol resolution
faile
d for ./libpgtcl.so because:
        0509-136   Symbol __start (number 0) is not exported from
                   dependent module /home/postgres/postgresql/bin/postgres.
        0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
                 'dump -Tv' command.

I did the dump command on the postgres executable and found:

[177]   0x20022eb0    .data    ENTpt     DS SECdef        [noIMid] __start

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: D'Arcy J.M. CainDate: 2000-07-24 14:33:14