Yikes

From: "Chad Thompson" <chad(at)weblinkservices(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Yikes
Date: 2002-12-10 16:32:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

It seems that my postgres server was rebooted in the middle of a vacuum full.
I am able to start and stop the server successfully, but when i connect to it w/ pgadmin, postgres restarts. Here are the logs

--successfully shut down postgres
--started it back up w/ "su postgres -c 'pg_ctl start -o -i -D /var/lib/pgsql/data'"

postmaster successfully started
[root(at)sqlsvr root]# DEBUG: database system was shut down at 2002-12-10 09:25:32 MST
DEBUG: checkpoint record is at 20/2ABC0884
DEBUG: redo record is at 20/2ABC0884; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
DEBUG: next transaction id: 7457784; next oid: 846358289
DEBUG: database system is ready

--go to pgadmin and connect. All the databases have red X's through them. Drilled down the tables and brought up contents of a table .. then

[root(at)sqlsvr root]# DEBUG: server process (pid 22187) was terminated by signal 11
DEBUG: terminating any other active server processes
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
DEBUG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
DEBUG: database system was interrupted at 2002-12-10 09:25:47 MST
DEBUG: checkpoint record is at 20/2ABC0884
DEBUG: redo record is at 20/2ABC0884; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
DEBUG: next transaction id: 7457784; next oid: 846358289
DEBUG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
FATAL 1: The database system is starting up
DEBUG: ReadRecord: record with zero length at 20/2ABC08C4
DEBUG: redo is not required
FATAL 1: The database system is starting up
FATAL 1: The database system is starting up
FATAL 1: The database system is starting up
FATAL 1: The database system is starting up
DEBUG: database system is ready
DEBUG: server process (pid 22196) was terminated by signal 11
DEBUG: terminating any other active server processes
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
DEBUG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
DEBUG: database system was interrupted at 2002-12-10 09:26:07 MST
DEBUG: checkpoint record is at 20/2ABC08C4
DEBUG: redo record is at 20/2ABC08C4; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
DEBUG: next transaction id: 7457784; next oid: 846358289
DEBUG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
FATAL 1: The database system is starting up
DEBUG: ReadRecord: record with zero length at 20/2ABC0904
DEBUG: redo is not required
FATAL 1: The database system is starting up
FATAL 1: The database system is starting up
DEBUG: database system is ready

Please help.. dont know where to go from here.

Thanks
Chad