Re: Slow query after upgrades

From: Albert László-Róbert <albertlaszlorobert(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Smet <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Duffey <tduffey(at)techbydesign(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow query after upgrades
Date: 2007-12-14 11:39:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 10:15 +0100, Guillaume Smet wrote:
> Albert,
>
> On Dec 14, 2007 9:55 AM, Albert László-Róbert
> <albertlaszlorobert(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > the performance before were arount 1-2 minutes ... and after the upgrade
> > it was about 30-40 minutes and more ... but because our application is
> > running throw the internet using the CORBA technology in most of the
> > cases the database throws an org.postgresql.util.PSQLException(: An I/O
> > error occured while sending to the backend.) exception.
>
> Did you analyze your database after upgrade?

yes

> Can you enable log_min_duration_statement to see which queries are
> slower than before? You can use pgFouine to obtain an analysis of the
> log file.
>
> --
> Guillaume

We would try that if we hadn't to concentrate on solving the problem for
the most resource-demanding queries which currently are not working at
all.

We presume, though, that problem is around optimizing queries with large
result sub-selects joined with other ones.

--
László-Róbert, Albert
mobile: +40-(0)-742-874-854