Re: Release Note Changes

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Note Changes
Date: 2007-12-09 12:45:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 2007-12-08 at 10:13 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> If I had had no credit, I wouldn't have a job.

Agree with this 100%

I don't have a problem with mentioning sponsoring companies on the
bottom of the release notes. I think it will encourage wider sponsorship
if people do that. Probably should be optional though, allowing sponsors
that want to remain anonymous to do so.

"Simon Riggs was primarily sponsored by EnterpriseDB, with additional
sponsorship from 2ndQuadrant during the 8.3 release cycle." or something
similar. I'm very thankful to Denis Lussier in particular for allowing
me a clear schedule right up to the 8.3 feature freeze, without which
many items would not have been completed. (I'd also like to thank
Greenplum for their partial sponsorship of my work for the 8.1 and 8.2
releases).

Encouraging sponsorship is good; nobody loses from it, since everybody
gains from the software that gets written.

--
Simon Riggs
2ndQuadrant http://www.2ndQuadrant.com