Re: Release Note Changes

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Note Changes
Date: 2007-11-30 10:24:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 09:49 +0000, Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
>
> > If people understand there aren't 13 performance improvements there are
> > at *least* 19+ that is a positive message to help people decide to
> > upgrade.
>
> Frankly I think the release notes are already too long.

So why do we have stuff in there that the users will never see?

We already have a release summary, so why summarise *some* of the detail
as well, but not all of it???

I see no reason to diminish yours, Heikki's or my own contributions, all
of which were in the area of performance, which people do care about.
None of the ones I mentioned were trivial patches, nor were their
effects small.

--
Simon Riggs
2ndQuadrant http://www.2ndQuadrant.com