Re: Datetime and pgtypes.c

From: "alexandre :: aldeia digital" <alepaes(at)aldeiadigital(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Datetime and pgtypes.c
Date: 2002-12-03 12:35:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi,

First, the correct is ´timestamp with time zone´ and not
'timestamp without timezone'... Sorry.

I have a lot of CREATE scripts using ´datetime´
correctly in PG <= 7.2.3...PG convert automaticaly
to ´timestamp with time zone´.
But I can´t change the ´datetime´ in these scripts and
PG 7.3 remove this type.
If I send a "create foo (foo datetime)", PG 7.3 reports
´datetime´ does not exist. I only execute this statments
in win-odbc and not directly in psql.

Can ODBC convert automatically ´datetime´
to timestamp with time zone' or I have to create this type in PG 7.3
to convert it ?

Very thank´s, Mr. Hiroshi.