Re: gborg -> pgfoundry

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gborg -> pgfoundry
Date: 2007-11-09 00:35:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 16:59 -0700, Kris Jurka wrote:
> > Kris, it has been discussed publicly for more than a year. It would
>  be shut down months ago, but web team waited for a bit more.
>
> No.  It has been discussed for a long time that we should work on
> shutting down gborg, but no date was ever put out until this week.

A date was put out several times, but yes, now Marc exactly "did" that.

> Robert Treat, the person I thought was heading the migration believed
> it was a bad idea to make this sudden move.

Yeah, because Robert (and I) did not find enough time to move the
mailing lists. You can blame me, too. :)

> Even if we gave up on the auto-migration, how can a couple of
> days be sufficient warning for large parts of our project
> infrastructure to disappear?

Honestly, all the projects should have moved to pgfoundry months ago...
pgfoundry is a replacement (and enhancement) for gborg, you know...

> Perhaps it's just my perspective and this doesn't actually affect a
> lot of people, but the two main projects I work on are (were) big
> gborg users.  How are people supposed to coordinate a release without
> a  mailing list or a CVS repository?

+1 on this one.

So... How can I help you? I have access to pgfoundry, and I think I can
move some stuff for you.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ , RHCE