I've discovered an error with the tcl pgmail function

From: qljsystems(at)zoom(dot)co(dot)uk
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I've discovered an error with the tcl pgmail function
Date: 2007-10-18 14:23:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Further to the thread

Re: Send email from PostgreSQL, may I ?

* From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim ( at ) commandprompt ( dot ) com>
* To: Gerson Machado <gersonamach ( at ) yahoo ( dot ) com ( dot ) br>
* Subject: Re: Send email from PostgreSQL, may I ?
* Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:07:00 +0300

There's a suggested function in pltclu to send emails from the postgre database.

I've worked with this and discovered that there's an error which causes the
email to be sent with a blank subject and the subject to be included as part of
the body.

To overcome this, the following should be done:

comment out or remove the two lines:-

puts $ServerSocket "To: $mailto" ;# To:
puts $ServerSocket "From: $mailfrom" ;# From:

Regards,

Quentin

This mail sent through http://webmail.zoom.co.uk