Re: List response time...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: List response time...
Date: 2001-08-22 16:25:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> On Tuesday 21 August 2001 19:45, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> Actually, the 'multi-day' delay is generally related to posts from ppl
>> that aren't subscribed to the lists that I have to approve manually ...

> I have been getting delayed duplicates from people (ie, Tom Lane) addressed
> to only the hackers list (which I know he's subscribed to).

The approval delay isn't only for people who are not subscribed. Marc
also has a number of filters in there that are intended to shunt off
administrivia (ie, people who send uns*bscribe commands to the whole
list). This is not a bad idea, but unfortunately, his filter patterns
are WAY too loose IMHO. I've had posts delayed because of references
to c*ncel, s*b-SELECT, and some other words that I could hardly even
see the connection to administrivia requests.

Hoping that this post gets through without being delayed ;-)