Cannot properly initialize inet type fields in the table

From: fimarn <fimarn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cannot properly initialize inet type fields in the table
Date: 2007-09-26 13:55:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I have a CREATE TABLE statement where I am trying to initialize
several inet fields, e.g.

CREATE TABLE myConfigTable
(
   telnet                bool DEFAULT
FALSE,
   ftp                   bool DEFAULT
FALSE,
   ipForwarding          bool DEFAULT
FALSE,
   configIntControlNetw  inet DEFAULT
'1.1.0.0',
   configIntControlMask  inet DEFAULT '255.255.0.0'
);

When I try to execute an INSERT statement associated with this table I
am getting:

NOTICE:  failed to convert IP address string, invalid inetstruct len
NOTICE:  failed to convert IP address string, invalid inetstruct len

for each initialized inet field.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? This code used to work under
psql version 7.2.1, but I am trying to make it work under 8.1.4.