Re: server not starting

From: Lou Picciano <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: server not starting
Date: 2012-08-12 13:40:04
Lists: pgsql-admin
Also, in your postgresql.conf file, be sure you have LISTEN_ADDRESSES set to '*' - for testing, at least.

You sure server is running? What does $ ps -af | grep postgres tell you?

Do you have any useful output in PG's logs? Even a failed attempt, if it's traversing your network, will usually be logged (again, postgresql.conf must be set to log connections)

Can you connect using psql from the _same_ machine, using a socket connection?

Lou Picciano