Re: MSVC build system

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MSVC build system
Date: 2007-08-27 17:14:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 11:00 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> In the longer run I want to make the whole system more data driven, so
> that it's comparatively easy for someone to add stuff.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I wonder if maintaining two
separate build systems is the best approach in the long term. I think
CMake[1] is an interesting alternative: it would allow us to generate
both makefiles and MSVC .proj's from a single set of master build files.

-Neil

[1] http://www.cmake.org