Re: Commit docbook2man?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Commit docbook2man?
Date: 2001-09-03 23:17:10
Lists: pgsql-docs

> Since we're slowly nearing a release, I'm already starting to hack around
> the docbook2man stuff again. To produce acceptable results several
> patches are required against the upstream release, and I'd like to have
> those recorded somewhere, i.e., our CVS rep. That way we can get a few
> more people testing the man pages before release.

> Should I import the original first and then commit the patches afterwards,
> or should I import the patches as separate files, or is anyone keen about
> vendor branches?

How big is docbook2man? I'm unenthused about adding a large chunk of
code to our distribution that's just a copy of someone else's
distribution.

If it's only a few K of source then replicating it in our distro might
make sense ... else I'd vote for just putting the required patch diffs
into a README or some such file.