Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Win32 WEXITSTATUS too
Date: 2007-01-22 20:08:13
Lists: pgsql-patches

> FYI, here are the URL's I mention in our source code:

> * Wine (URL used in our error messages) -
> * http://source.winehq.org/source/include/ntstatus.h
> * Descriptions - http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~wuyongzh/my_doc/ntstatus.txt
> * MS SDK - http://www.nologs.com/ntstatus.html

I don't have a problem with mentioning those in a source code comment.
I question the wisdom of putting any of them in the error message ...
especially seeing that you haven't even found an "official" Microsoft
page to link to. None of those look to me like they're stable enough
to expect to still be there in three or four years.