PostgreSQL 9.0 alpha 4: build issues - modules - with OpenSSL 0.9.8l

From: Lou Picciano <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-testers <pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL 9.0 alpha 4: build issues - modules - with OpenSSL 0.9.8l
Date: 2010-02-25 13:38:28
Lists: pgsql-testers
Gents,

As I mentioned, we've successfully built the 'core' with OpenSSL 0.9.8l.

However, on an attempt to build modules, we're running into a combination of dependency and undefined symbols errors:

First, we were seeing a missing dependency: ld: fatal: library -lpgport: not found
in build attempts on: oid2name, pg_standby, pgbench, vacuumlo - plus a non-build of dblink, presumably due to a dependency on oid2name(?)

Got around the pgport issue by building 'port' explicitly with:
# cd src/port
# make

Returning to contrib dir and re-attempt the make: Undefined symbol errors: PQconnectionNeedsPassword

This affects builds of modules: oid2name, pgbench, vacuumlo
PQconnectionNeedsPassword oid2name.o
PQconnectionNeedsPassword pgbench.o
PQconnectionNeedsPassword vacuumlo.o

With removal of the corresponding references in contrib/Makefile, all other modules build AOK.

-- Lou Picciano

pgsql-testers by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2010-02-25 17:36:33
Previous:From: Lou PiccianoDate: 2010-02-25 00:39:24
Subject: PostgreSQL 9.0 alpha 4: build issues with OpenSSL 1.0.0-beta5