libpq: Specify pass phrase for SSL key

From: Koen Vermeer <koen(at)vermeer(dot)tv>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpq: Specify pass phrase for SSL key
Date: 2007-07-12 15:52:50
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

Apologies for posting this to both pgsql-interfaces and pgsql-general,
but I'm unable to decide which one is more appropriate.

I am using libpq to set up an SSL connection to a PostgreSQL server. The
client key is protected by a pass phrase, so when I issue a
PQconnectdb(), I get a prompt stating:

Enter PEM pass phrase:

Instead, I would like to give the user a nice message box, asking for
his/her password. So, how do I 'inject' the right SSL password into the
connection sequence?

Thanks for any help!

Koen

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: EnderDate: 2007-07-19 11:01:29