Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user

From: Mark Cave-Ayland <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)ilande(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature - hiding tables inaccessible to the current user
Date: 2007-06-15 09:40:13
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 17:13 +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've just completed the patch for only listing tables accessible by the
> current user for psqlodbc as detailed in my email here:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2007-05/msg00068.php. As
> suggested in the original post, I have implemented a tick box called
> "Only list user-accessible tables" on page 2 of the Datasource Advanced
> Options dialog. When this box is ticked, only tables on which the user
> has one of SELECT, INSERT, DELETE or UPDATE privileges will appear in
> the table list for the given DSN.
>
> I think that this would be a really useful feature to add to the
> psqlodbc driver, and so I have attached a diff from CVS HEAD. As far as
> I know, the only part I have missed is adding the tickbox and its
> corresponding translation to the Japanese version of the dialog in
> psqlodbc.rc. Please let me know if there is any more work I need to do
> in order to get this applied.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Mark.

Hi everyone,

I haven't yet received any feedback (either positive or negative) from
any psqlODBC developers regarding my patch to hide tables that are not
accessible to the current user here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2007-06/msg00028.php. I'd like
to help get this patch applied to CVS if possible, as it has proved to
be a really useful feature for us.

Kind regards,

Mark.