Re: Ohio LinuxFest 2007 CFS

From: Josh Williams <drykath(at)runbox(dot)com>
To: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ohio LinuxFest 2007 CFS
Date: 2007-05-31 04:24:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 17:08 -0400, Chris Browne wrote:
> I spoke at this last year, presenting on "what's new with 8.1 and 8.2?"
> <http://penguin.ohiolinux.org/2006/speakers.html#talk17>
>
> It's worth putting this onto the schedule of "things that probably
> ought to get prepared for"; note that they intend to close the call
> July 15th.
>
> In principle, I could go again, and do "what's up with 8.3?" We might
> have an idea of what the list of new features is by then :-).

It seemed a bit small and localized, but otherwise definitely worth
having a presence there. I'd been meaning to ask if you were intending
to come back this time around. Last year's talk did spark some interest
from the crowd, and so perhaps another round of What's New is in order.

Had pondered putting together a "proprietary to PostgreSQL migration"
talk myself. Of course not being too familiar with parts of some
processes could lead to a little trouble, but I suppose there's still
some time to figure that out. ;)

Best,
Josh Williams