Can't drop tables ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation 411727

From: Fuzzygoth <dav(dot)phillips(at)ntlworld(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can't drop tables ERROR: cache lookup failed for relation 411727
Date: 2007-05-24 09:43:55
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello All,
I have been attempting to move our database to our new database
but i have encountered a few problems along the way. One of the
that I encountered was the error below when trying to drop a table so
could re-build it.

ERROR:  cache lookup failed for relation 411727

Never having seen this error I turned to Google to try and determine
the problem is and found this entry from our previous Web Dev/DBA
a slony issue. Unfortunatly for us he has moved on to better things
means i can't quiz him on what happened and what he done to resolve
if he indeed was able to. Having read through the thread it seems to
the same or a similar issue

I need to be able to determine whats causing this, This will be the
time the Database has moved since and while the errors mentioned in
above thread where on a test Database we did have slony ver 1 running
on our live database and I am wondering if this could be responsible
the errors esspecially as after the last DBA left company no one
to know what happened with slony (I started as he left there was
in the handover as I'd never seen postgres before).

So basically I need to find a way to figure out what the errors are
and find
a way to resolve them, I only noticed this when testing and over night
of our database tables and one that usually takes 35 mins took 2
10 minutes which was unacceptable.

DB: PostgreSQL 8.1.9
OS: Red Hat Enterprise 5

Thanks In advance

David Phillips
Cromwell Tools Ltd

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Abraham, DannyDate: 2007-05-24 12:30:03