Re: [patch] src/include/storage/s_lock.h

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Brent Verner <brent(at)rcfile(dot)org>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [patch] src/include/storage/s_lock.h
Date: 2001-01-02 07:47:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> Can someone comment on this? It looks OK to me.

I've been working off-list with Brent and some of the other Alpha beta
testers. I think as of a few hours ago we should pass regress tests on
all Alpha platforms except NetBSD, where there seem to be some problems
with NaN values. It looks like this is a NetBSD bug and not ours.

The currently committed Alpha spinlock code should work if I'm reading
the Alpha AXP Architecture Manual correctly, but there still seems to be
concern about it in some quarters. Further testing would be a good
idea, especially on multi-CPU Alphas.