Re: COPY into a view; help w. design & patch

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, Robert Haas <Robert(dot)Haas(at)dyntek(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY into a view; help w. design & patch
Date: 2007-05-21 19:46:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05/21/2007 01:59:36 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> I think that the wave of the future is probably to figure out a way to
> provide trigger support for views.

I put forward a possible way to do trigger support
for views in a previous email and would appreciate comment.
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-05/msg00906.php)

Really, I'd like to know if I should just give up and move
on or if I can do something to help advance Postgres towards
something that will solve my copy-into-a-view problems.

Karl <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein