Here is the latest version of my patch that's revised according to my
discussions with Heikki and Simon:
* uses LWLocks when accessing shared memory
* removes the "sync_seqscan_offset" feature
* uses the relfilenode as a key rather than relation OID
* fixes regression test failure
* uses a simple LRU (that stays in fixed-size shared memory) to track
the locations of other concurrent scans
For the LRU I used a doubly-linked list, which isn't strictly necessary.
However, we may decide to use a hash table for the lookup, in which case
the extra pointers will be useful.
pgsql-patches by date
|Next:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2007-05-20 22:02:10|
|Subject: Re: UTF8MatchText |
|Previous:||From: Andrew Dunstan||Date: 2007-05-20 21:58:32|
|Subject: Re: UTF8MatchText|