Re: Build-Problem with pgc.c on OSX 10.4

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Postgresql-General <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Build-Problem with pgc.c on OSX 10.4
Date: 2007-04-16 04:47:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 03:48 +0200, Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> I just realized that this file isn't even in the postgresql CVS
> repo. But it _is_ part of the SVN mirror at
> https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/pgsql/repo.
[...]
> Seems to be a bug in the CVS->SVN conversion process...

The root problem is that the CVS repository is in a strange state, I
believe. The RCS file Attic/pgc.c,v has following metadata for the most
recent revision of the file:

1.5
date 99.06.29.04.54.48; author vadim; state Exp;
branches
1.5.2.1;
next 1.4;

AFAICS this is wrong: the file should be deleted and is in Attic/, so it
should have "state dead;" (which is the state that most of the deleted
files have for their last revision). preproc.c,v has the same error --
you could check for other files with the same problem by diff'ing a
fresh checkout from SVN with the same result from CVS. (Was this never
done?)

I think the right fix is for someone with shell access to the CVS master
to manually move ecpg/Attic/pgc.c,v to ecpg/pgc.c,v, do a fresh CVS
checkout/update, and then "cvs delete pgc.c". Similarly for preproc.c,v.

-Neil